Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Today.....

So today is a day that I finally got up off my tush and got some things done. No, I am not done yet..... but progress was made. I have realized this summer that I must have a routine of some sorts. I envy those moms who get to stay at home. I really do. However, I think I have finally learned-- or maybe accepted is the better word-- that I need to work. I LOVE having my summers off .... but I think I am a better mother because I work. I am more focused... whereas with all the time in the world- well I end up wasting most of it. Then I feel guilty... and the cycle goes on and on. Anyway-- so today I got a good bit done-- but what I want to share is this..... Kadyn was not asked to help-- but she did. She did ALL the floors-- I mean all of them-- mopped and vaccumed. She cleaned her room and her brother's along with their bathroom. Now you are wondering what I did haha! Along with the rest of the house I began cleaning out the garage-- trying to get some order to it after we moved. I got about 1/2 cleaned out. Now there is 1/2 left to do-- and then I get to organize.


Anyway-- today brought joy to my heart to see my daughter beg to help-- to jump in and do things-- I would catch her in the act! No, the floors are not necessarily as clean as I would have them. But I don't care. They were cleaned with such love today---any germs that might be there- I am sure they were suffocated by it!

Here is a pic of Kadyn as I caught her...

No comments: