Monday, June 23, 2008

A Week in The Woodlands

Last week I had the privelege of attending the Mickelson Exxon Mobil Teachers Academy at The Woodlands Resort in The Woodlands, TX. I must say it was an amazing week!! They treated us so weel, took care of everything we needed! The food was amazing, the accomadations to die for, and the service was like none I have witnessed before. The academy was such a good time. It was wonderful to collaborate with teachers from other areas. I was reminded how much I love what I do- I am excited to get back to my classroom! The picture below is the Arlington ISD team with a representative from Exxon Mobil. I would highly encourage any teacher to go. They now have a website that your students can nominate you to go...... it is http://www.sendmyteacher.com/

This is the room we stayed in. The view out my window was of the golf course.

The academy told us our families could come while we were there and enjoy the wonderful surroundings. Eric couldn't take off of work, so mom brought the kids down on Wednesday. They hada great time!! I think they would have stayed in the pool for forever had we allowed them to. I did get to play with them on Wednesday afternoon since we had the afternoon off. It was such a good time!!



Another bonus to my having a conference in The Woodlands is the one of my heart friends lives there--Cynthia. It was so fun to be able to get our kids together to play! We spent time at Incredible pizza one night during the week and then spent Friday night at her house. Kadyn and Dylan loved playing with Lilli. They got ins ome good time with her while Cynthia and I went to her baby shower on Saturday. Jack will join their lives in early August-- although Cynthia wouldn't mind it being late July. Here are some pictures of all the kiddos playing.


No comments: