Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Dylan Story

Disclaimer:
This contains the anatomical word for a boy -- and yes I know how to actually spell it-- i am writing it all the way through as he says it-- with a "U" instead of an I

So-- we intriduced Dylan to the word penus about 2 weeks ago. He has reached the point as a boy that he is CONSTANTLY holding himself. We introduced him to the real word and told him that boys don't walk around holding themselves. He hasn't embarrassed us in public yet by yelling it out-- but he did make Eric and I laugh hysterically tonight. He came into the living room holding himself. Eric asked if he needed to go to the bathroom-- to which Dylan said no. So Eric said, then you need to stop holding your... and Eric stopped. We are both getting used to using this world with him and it throws us from time to time. Dylan walked up and said: "It is a Pe-nus daddy." He looked at me and said, " Mommy, Daddy didn't call it a pe- nus." He then asked me where my penus was as he squatted down-- trying to figure out where it was! (I am in jean capri's- not that he could tell!) I told him God did not give girl's a penus to which Dylan replies-" Do you have to go buy your own penus mommy?" Eric and I laughed SO HARD!! THis is one to remember!!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

so you haven't been around boys very much...but you do need to spell it correctly! PENIS !!! Dylan isn't spelling it yet so that's okay! maybe this is why your dad and I didn't have any boys?

Heather said...

Oh wow...out of the mouths of babes! Too funny! :)