Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day 2008

So it is a day early, but I am leaving on a week long trip tomorrow to attend an academy in The Woodlands, TX. Since I have to leave in the morning, we took this morning to celebrate Eric. It started with a big breakfast.... Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and biscuits. It was more like brunch I would say due to the later hour-- about 10ish. About an hour after eating, we all went out to the pool. Both kids were begging Eric and I to swim with them. I sat on a big float most of the time-- I am still very leary of my mouth being hit after my wisdom teeth. We had a very good time laughing and playing. As you will see by the pictures, Dolly joined in the fun as well. Eric and I saw her running full force around the pool. All of the sudden, she jumped fill force trying to get in the pool. She almost made it.... Eric picker her up and put her in the pool. She swam like a champ! Then she chose to sit on the float with me and shiver. Still it gave us all a good laugh and a good memory.

I do want to say to Eric:
Thank you for fighting for our family. Thank you for loving our kids and knowing that neither of us have all the right answers in regards to raising them. Thank you for loving them enough to want to try and find the best way to teach them....... We love you so much. You are such a good daddy!

To my dad:
Thanks for being there no matter what I brought you through in life. Thank you for loving me in spite of my mistakes. Thank you for being a wonderful Pop to my kids. I love you dad....

To Clay ( my bro in law):
Thank you for being a young Godly example of a spiritual Father and leader for Eric and I. Thank you for loving my sister and your children the way you do.

To all the fathers who may read this: Happy Father's Day! May your day be filled with love and laughter with your children!!!


No comments: