Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is Thank You Really Enough?

It is Wednesday night and I am doing quite well after having my wisdom teeth out. I am still very sore and have moments where I still hurt quite a bit. This is do in large part to my mom being here since Monday. Eric was with me while I had my teeth out. From what I understand, he carried me out of the dentist office and into the house. He and mom tended to my needs round the clock the first 24 hours. Mom stayed until about 5:30 this evening. She was up with me most of Monday night as the pain really began to hit. She tells me I talked and talked most of the night. She wouldn't let me do a thing. She cooked and cleaned and helped with the kids while Eric was at work. There is no way I would be doing as well as I am without her having been here to help me during the day. My mom is an incredible woman who often sacrifices her needs for those of her kids and grandkids. My dad is a trooper for letting her be gone as much as she is to be with us. I am blessed to have such wonderful parents. So, it is at moments like this that I wonder, are the words thank you really enough?

So a funny story from during this time......both kids had a hard time seeing their mommy hurting so badly. Kadyn did go spend the night with a friend one night, which helped her greatly. The night that Kadyn was gone, Dylan had a hard time getting to sleep. He got up one time to go to the bathroom. He came out and his lip was bleeding. He finally told us he had gotten my razor to shave just like daddy does. Luckily, he barely knicked his lip, but boy did it bleed. Still, as I sit and think about it, it makes me realize how quickly time will go by and he will be shaving -because he needs to! Once again, my mom wass the only thing that comforted him as his lip was hurting.

So, although I don't feel the words are enough-- Thank you mom, Thank you Dad, Thank you Eric..... for helping me out and staying by my side during this time.
I love you all......

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes! Not exactly a fun way to start off the summer! At least you know it can only get better!! I hope that you feel better soon and getting to really relax!

Kristy said...

I hope that you are back to normal soon! At least its over and you don't have to worry about it anymore!