Saturday, June 28, 2008

Miracles Still Happen


So, today would be my 5 year anniversary-- June 28, 2003 Eric and I married. Most people who read this know we had a very rocky road. However, God still performs modern day miracles!! Today is a day that we will hold dear, but will not "celebrate" as our anniversary. That day for us is now Jan, 18, 2008. We have been asked how we will count the years we have been married? Well, this next Jan, we will celebrate 5 years. No, they were not all wonderful, but they are a part of who we are. Those years as tough as they were did have good moments-- ones we will treasure. They have helped shape who we are today. So the picture of the rings.. these are my original wedding rings. When we decided to remarry, I did not want to wear that same rings... it reminded me of the past and I wanted to move forward. However, we did not need to go spend money on a new set of rings. So, we found a beautiful set-- that well, wasn't real-- although I got lots of comments on how beautiful they were! However, this past week, I pulled out the original set--- I am now wearing them proudly for all of the reasons I mentioned above. Those years are a part of us--- and I am glad to say that we are here today-- married and committed to working through life together!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm not sure how I ended up on your post or why I decided to view your personal blog. I've never "blogged" before and it seems as if I'm intruding. However, I must say this, my husband and I have been married for 12 years and I am not wearing my rings right now. Our road,too, has been very rocky but by God's grace we are still moving foward. I admire you both for sticking through whatever it is or was. I pray to someday wear my rings again. Thanks for posting and sorry if I intruded.May your marriage last beyond years.

Kristi said...

Kimberly-- If you happen upon my blog again, please do not feel you have intruded. I believe you came here because you were meant to. I will be praying for you and your husband-- please feel free to contact me again--