Monday, July 03, 2006

Washing Machine Woes

Just when you think things are going well--of course that is when something breaks! Eric was trying to be so helpful. I was keeping 3 other kids on Sunday along with my own. All together there were 2 five year olds, a 21 month old, a 13 month old and and 8 month old. We were at my mom's house helping some friend's out as they moved. Eric wanted to help get some things done around the house and well I am so grateful for this--however-- it did cost us. He tried to wash some things that should not have been put in the machine. I smelled something burning from the laundry room. I called him quickly and after only a moment- he pulled the seat cushion out and there were burn marks along the edge. Yes, it was stuck. It burned the motor up and well we do not know what else! Yes- I panicked. This is the week I have to wash Kadyn's camp clothes each night. Well, David, Eric's brother used to work at an appliance company. I called him- after about 30 minutes. I had to calm down and think rationally in order to think about calling him! He came over at about 10 p.m. He and Eric were up for a bit draining the washing machine and letting David look at it and assess the damage. Needless to say- we have another machine today. In order to fix the old one- well it was the same as getting another-- was there really a choice? Thank you David for helping us out! Here are a few pictures from last night that we will laugh at one day!

No comments: