Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Burger's Lake

Last Saturday, our Sunday School class went to Burger's Lake. It was about 30 minutes away. How have I lived here since 1998 and never heard of this place? It is a man made lake that is fed by spring water. There are things for kids of all ages--diving boards of all heights, a huge slide, a trapeze swing, a fountain and several sandy beaches to play in! Here are a few pictures of the kids and Eric. The kids had a great time--and Eric and I did as well!




Daddy duck with his ducklings.. Dylan, Kadyn and a good friend Lauren.









Daddy taking Dylan through the water that is bubbling! Dylan loved it!



Kadyn was a bit timid on the diving board at first. The water was no more than a foot or so below the board and you can touch the bottom and stand in the water. This is a picture of the first time she went. After a few times of having us stand right there, she was off and running and loved it. She never went on the slide you see in the background. It was just a bit to high she said--maybe next time!



Dylan had a great time as well. He loved being spun around in his float. He would have run everywhere had we let him. However, he has no fear!! Maybe next year he can come out of the float!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I remember Burger's Lake. I went there some in junior high and high school. I'm sure I went when I was younger with my family. I think my uncle was a lifeguard there a very long time ago. It's a fun place.