Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

The week after Christmas, my cousin Kristan came to visit. She is a student at UAH and from what I can tell is loving it. We had a great time with her here! We didn't end up taking many pictures--:o( Here are a few. Dolly LOVED Kristan! The other shows us all one afternoon-- crashed out!


I got the itch to paint again. Kadyn's room became the victim this time. Kadyn picked out a border she really like and we matched colors from there. Once again, the room had to be sanded first. This time, we invested in an electric sander. Here are Kadyn and GrannyLou right after the sanding was finshed!

Dylan wanted to paint SO badly. He came and knocked on the door and said, "I'm in my painter clothes now-- so can I paint?" Here he is painting. You would have thought we bought him his dream toy he was so excited!

Here is the painted room. The border is not up yet. It will be up soon and pictures will follow. Kadyn said the colors are exactly what she wanted--

Here are the kids a week ago having a sleepover. They have asked many times before if they could do this. We have tried a few times and Dylan was just not old enough to handle it. This time, he did much better. He had trouble going to sleep-- but he did-without being up and down more than a few times. He did get up very early the next morning. However, it was worth it. I know the days of my kids wanting to be together and be involved together could very easily be numbered. I treasure these moments.... and now have the proof that they really do love each other!

No comments: