Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goodbye

Today has been a hard day. My first baby, Punkin, was laid to rest. Punkin was 13 years old. She was not just a dog-- she was my first baby. She has loved our family through so much, she has been so sweet to both of my children. Today, Punkin evidently had a stroke. She has been at my parents house for years-- call her a "joint" dog. Mom called me and told me she was not ok. Mom and I went together, we cried and made sure Punkin knew how much she was loved. We were with her until the end.
I know some would say "she is only a dog." However, I will highly disagree. Animals become a part of the family. They can sense when you are not ok, they can curl up with you at just the right moment. They never judge you, they just love you..... no matter! I will miss Punkin..... we all will.

No comments: