Sunday, August 17, 2008

The End and The Beginning

Summer is officially coming to an end. Tomorrow, I head back to school. Dylan starts a new school tomorrow. Kadyn has one more week and then she will join me-- her classroom is just down the hall from mine.

This summer has been so very different. I have spent more time in trainings. I faced a fear ( my wisdom teeth) and survived. I always have a time of reflection, but this summer that feels to me like it was intensified. I feel as if I learned so much about myself-- some good-- some I wish I did not have to admit. We have started attending a new church and I am hopeful that this will become our church home. I have had new challenges with my children-- some I feel I have handled with ease-- others I know I have failed miserably.

This school year brings change--- I am making MAJOR changes in my classroom and I am taking on a new leadership role in school. I want this year to be a year where I truly let go and let God. This is hard for me to do in my classroom for some reason.... so that is something I am working on.

As I sit here knowing I should be going to bed, I am thankful for this summer.... I am thankful for the start of a new school year. I am thankful that God is still working on me and allowing me the opportunity to grow.....

No comments: