Sunday, November 18, 2007

An update without pictures (you will thank me!)

So- Dylan made a memory this weekend. He is VERY interested in going potty. He has been for awhile- but mainly the fluid kind of interested. He is picky about which pull-up he will wear, and must -put it on himself. However, things changed Friday evening. We talk to him all the time about going in the potty-- not in our pull-up. We also talk about how the bathroom is a place we don't go with a lot of people. It is ok to go with mommy or daddy now, but he doesn't come in with us. We are not perfect on this- but working on it. On Friday evening, Dylan came downstairs- buck naked-- and I mean everything hanging out!! haha He told me he had gone poo poo. He told me the same thing the night before-- but he had pooted. So I said ok-- he said no come see. So off I go upstairs-- not expecting what I was about to see. He was so proud of himself--to quote him...

" I not go poo poo in my pull-up!!! I not go poo poo in my pull-up!! Nobody see me!!"

Well he was right-- he backed himself in the corner between his bunk bed and his dresser-- backed up to the wall and yes... pooped on the floor!!!! Again- let me tell you how proud of himself he was. Needless to say-- I was not proud----we had a quick reminder of where we go to the potty-- I do not think we will have this happen again-- at least he better hope not!!

I got it all cleaned up-- he had dressed himself-- he does it all these days except his shoes. I leave- he is watching Diego and playing. Evidently he decides he doesn't need his pull-up on. He takes off his pants and pull-up, puts on one of the 2 pair of big boy undies we have- puts back on his pants-- and pees all over himself and the floor.

It was a night for sure! I believe he will be potty trained by Christmas. It would be sooner if I was home with him everyday. Still= by Christmas--for my sanity!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The joys of potty training! With the interest he's showing, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in no time.