Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Trip to Alabama

This summer, the kids, GrannyLou and I headed out on a trip. It was the first plane ride for the kids. They did great!! I had planned ahead and had many things to keep Dylan busy. The stickers and colors occupied him for maybe 15 minutes. Thank goodness for playdough! That was a lifesaver!! He kept yelling... WAY UP HIGH IN THE SKY!! Luckily no one was upset by his sudden declarations. We landed in Birmingham, rented a car and spent our first few days with the Kline/Morgan clan. Here is a pic of the 4 kids... Kadyn- 6, Brooks- 2 1/2, Dylan-2, Ethan-1. W could not get a good one of all 3 of the boys sitting still-- go figure!


Then we headed to Euharlee, GA. We went to my cousin's and her families house. It had been YEARS since we had seen each other! God truly blessed us during this time in so many ways! My mom got to see her sister, I got to begin a new journey of friendship with my cousin, and our kids got to meet and play! We had a great time. I cannot wait to go back! This is Voniece and I.

Here is my mom and her sister- Clesie in the bounce house! What fun to watch these 2 sisters enjoy their time together, play together, laugh together, and well fall together!


Dylan LOVED the ranger (I think this is what it is called!) Here is Brett taking all the kids and my mom out for a ride. Granny Lou got in the pool and the hot tub with all the kids. They were tickled pink that she did and that she did it in her clothes!!


My mom and Voniece surprised me and what a GREAT treat it was!! One of my dearest heart friends came for the night! Sarah and I had not seen each other since 2003. We have spent many nights on the phone talking and supporting each other. What a blessing to be able to have 24 hours to spend face to face!


After leaving Euharlee, we went to Atlanta for a night. We went to Six Flags ( courtesy of our season passes).

GrannyLou on a ride!!!
This is the kids at the end of the day! I think it is safe to say they had fun!!

Our last day sent us back to Alabama. We stayed the night with my aunt and her family. Kadyn had a blast with Kristan. Somehow I ended up not getting a picture of our time there. I did drive back through my Alma Mater- Samford Univeristy. It is hard to believe it has been that I began there 16 years ago--August of 1991 and graduated 12 years ago-- May of 1995. Where has the time gone??? The memories that campus holds---
Driving in....

Where I spent a majority of my time... the School of Education.

The Home of the Bulldogs....

The Phu Mu House

Wildforest Apartments.. my home with Kristen our senior year... 901 Wildforest Way.. again the memories that will forever remain!!!

Our Building--

We had a great trip.. the kids did great.. I can't wait for our next adventure!!

No comments: