Friday, October 27, 2006

State Fair of Texas 2006




What a fun day we had at the fair! After almost a two hour drive to get there ( it should have been 45 minutes), we had a blast! The kids loved the animals the most. Dylan wanted to crawl in the cage with them, Kadyn wanted to feed everyone of them and Jonathan wanted to investigate the shovel that fed the animals!



Have you ever seen a kangaroo with her baby in the pouch? I never had except in pictures! I can now say I have seen one in person! I am so glad I do not have to carry my children around this way after they are born!

Kadyn loved the rides. She rode as many as she could and would have ridden till the cows come home had the tickets grown on trees!



This was one of the best moments for me. On most rides, I watched Kadyn because an adult had to pay tickets to ride with their child. However, Kadyn wanted to ride this roller coaster and it was one she missed the height requirement to ride by herslef by about 1/4 of an inch. So off I go with her! As you can see by our expressins as we came down the hill we had a blast! I am glad I caught the pure joy as we are barreling down the hill!

Ok so this is not the best photo of any of us- but yet it is so us! Here is my mom and all her chickens! My sister and I with our kids- and even her one on the way! What irony- she is wearing a bundle of boy shirt in this picture---she found out 2 days later that they are having a girl! YEAH!!!

Here is Kadyn on the ride home- wiped out! She had a blast! Then there is Dylan who has been going strong the entire day..... and is still ready for more!

I am so thankful for my family who likes to go and do things! To be able to experience life and make such special memories with my kids -what a treasure!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks like you all had a fun time. I enjoyed the pictures. Keep the updates coming.

suziqstep said...

Kristi, Hey!! I'm Kaci and Clay's friend from Mississippi....Suzanne Stephens bird. I loved your blog about not beating yourself up. I'm struggling with the same "ghosts" that you have and are battling right now. Kaci and I have talked many times how much you and I had in common. It's so hard being a single mom....even if Kade and I are staying with my parents. They have been a COMPLETE God send. I have medical problems, kid problems, but firt (and foremost) EX problems. I would love to chat sometime....my email is suzannebird@bellsouth.net