Sunday, June 11, 2006

Never Say Never

I have had two situations in the past few weeks that I promised myself as a teenager I would never do. Of course- what did I know at that time in my life? I thought I knew everything! The first came when I went to try on my swimsuit before heading to the pool with the kids. I am so glad I tried it on the night before or I would have been in a world of hurt the next morning! Needless to say, I was not fitting in it anymore. I bulged where I should have flowed smoothly. I showed Eric and he said there was no way I was going out in public in that suit! I definitely agreed. So, off to the store I go. Now, I have never been one to find a bathing suit quickly. So I began praying all the way to the store. I needed a suit that I felt good about but I needed it fast! Well after only two trips to the dressing room I found one!!! Here is where the irony of my teenage years came in-- I now have a skirt on my suit! Me- who made a vow to never wear such a "mother" suit is now the proud owner of one!

Of course that was not all. I am now the proud owner of a Dodge Grand Caravan-- yes that is right-- me in a minivan. Again another thing I said would never happen! However, the importance of space with two kids seems to outway anything else. What I find funny- I actually love it! Granted I have only had it 2 days- but I LOVE IT!!!!!!! My how our perspectives change as we mature- as we add children into the mix. I know there are many more of these "I never" situations to come! I look forward to each one!

No comments: