Monday, December 20, 2010

"Under Construction..God's Not Through With Me Yet"

Sad.... mad... disappointed.. all words I would use right now about how I feel. For some reason I have been thinking back to this time last year..and where I have been in life since that point...which leads me to those three words..where have I been this past year? I don't know that I am in any better position in life than I was a year ago to be honest. Self-absorbed--that is how I feel I have been. I am so scared of some things in life that I have let them consume me in some regard. I have made some pretty stupid choices this past year...I see how insecure I truly am..I see how afraid I am of being alone..I see how I can make people think I am doing so good.. and yet I am not.. I am hurting inside..longing for things I do not have. Isn't that what I grew up watching in a way-- put on a smile and let the world think things are great--even when they are falling apart around you? I am still that little girl--screaming for approval.. for acceptance..I am letting go of things that are important to me.. that are at the very heart of who I am...why do I do this? Why do I run? I am not proud of the mother I have been the past year. I know there is no such thing as a perfect parent.. but I know I could do so much better...I know I could enjoy my kids so much more than I do..I could show my kids everyday in so many more ways how much I love them...I want to be truly happy.. truly content with me... with my kids.. with my family.. with my job..and right now I don't know that there is one area I can say I am truly content in...this year that is going to change...it has too.. I have to...one step at a time..I am going to make changes...I wish I knew how to do that.. where to start..what it should look like... but this is the first step... admitting that I am not where I want to be...there are areas in my life I need to work on..and I am worth it to take the time to change.. my children are worth it and deserve a mother who can show them how to be happy in life in ALL circumstances... my kids at school deserve a teacher who is full of compassion and wants to help them...and so it begins.. right now...change...my goal.. to look back a year from now and see progress.. I don't expect perfection because that will never happen.. but to see a work in progress.. because God isn't through with me yet!!!

1 comment:

The Goebels said...

Kristi praying with you and for you. I think we all look back and see things that we are not proud of or could have done better, but try to also remember some of the good things you've done. I bet your kids think you are the best mom! And your students....you're making a difference in their lives! God has great things left for you to do!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a great new year!!!